Department: Morans Retail Ltd Group
Job Title: Banking Cashier
Responsible To: Senior Banking Cashier, Financial Controller
Co-ordinate with: Senior Banking Cashier, Financial Controller, Management Team, Administrative Teams, General Managers
Main Purpose: Assist in the company banking cashier function
Location: Morans Head Office, Strand Road (On occassion flexible to travel to: Moran's Centra Coleraine & Morans Supervalu Ballykelly)
Job Type: Full & Part Time Required
- Ensure a structured cash system is present and is adhered to within the company and all records are completed and updated on a regular basis.
- Report to the Senior Banking Cashier / Financial Controller on all financial issues within the company group as a whole.
- To ensure and develop a good working environment within the store.
Banking / Accountancy
- Ensure all cash handling procedures are adhered to and at the end of every day lodgements are deposited at the bank.
- To ensure that the change procedure is carried out efficiently and that security measures are adhered to.
- Ensure all sales reconciliations procedures are carried out as per company procedures and are resolved at the end of each week.
- To ensure that cash reconciliations are carried out as per company procedures.
- To ensure that credit cards, fuel cards and top-up’s are reconciled to invoices and discrepancies are reported and resolved promptly.
- Ensuring till discrepancies are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork is filed in the correct location.
- Ensure a good knowledge of the back office systems
- To ensure that the customer accounts are allocated and invoices / statements are printed monthly.
- To ensure closing down procedures, period ends and computer backups are carried out as per procedures and all reports printed and filed.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and polite service to all customers at all times.
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained within your section.
- To comply with all company rules as per terms and Conditions of Employment.
- To ensure company uniforms are worn at all times and that personal hygiene is of the highest standard.
- To ensure that your work area is in a tidy and clutter free
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- To comply with all company policy and rules.
- Any other functions that may be required by the owner (with in competency).
- 28 days paid holiday each year
- Excellent employee development and training opportunities
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group as it continues to expand
- Competitive rates of Pay
Typical Working Hours:
- Approximately 20 hours per week
- Should be flexible
- We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule.
- Computer competency including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Minimum 1 years Cash Handling experience
- Access to transport for travel between Stores.
We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule.
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Moran's Head Office, 138b Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000