Department: Fresh Food Product
Job Title: Cook/Chef
Responsible To: Head Chef, Manager/Assistant Manager
Co-ordinate with: Head Chef, General Manager, Assistant Managers, Staff Members, Customers and Suppliers.
Main Purpose: Delivering quality produce, providing excellent customer service and maintaining high standards.
Location: Morans Centra Strand Road, Moran's Centra Coleraine & Morans Supervalu Ballykelly
Job Type: Full & Part Time Required
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and helpful people to join our busy food production venture. You should be experienced, simply after a part-time job to earn some spare cash, or perhaps you are looking for a position with opportunities for training and the potential for a full time, rewarding career. Either way, the production kitchen is a good place for people who love food and working under pressure in a retail environment .
- Able to thrive under pressure / hard work in a 24/7 business
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team worker / team focused
- Enjoy a challenge
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Understanding of haccp
- Catering/retail experience
- Understanding of fresh food production
- Desire to learn new skills & develop existing skills
- Flexible to work on short notice & unscheduled hours
- 28 days paid holiday each year
- Excellent employee development and training opportunities
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group as it continues to expand
- Competitive rates of pay (over 21, after 21 days, including bonus). With commitment and training this may increase.
Typical Working Hours:
- 8-40 Alternate weekends
- Available starting times, 6am, 10.00am 12noon, Evenings.
- Shifts to suit most work life balances
- Ensure the products are delivered to the highest standard as per company procedures
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a high standard of food quality control.
- Ensure everything possible is done to achieve sales targets.
- Report to the Head Chef/ Manager on all quality control issues.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and polite service to all customers at all times.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer service is given to all customers at all times.
- To ensure proper date rotation of all products within designated area
- To ensure weekly stock taking procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure purchasing of stock is carried out in order to maintain and to control stock level, so that quality, freshness of goods is of the highest order so as to maximise turnover.
- To ensure company rules and policies are adhered to. To ensure the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times, according to company policy.
- To ensure HACCP requirements are complied to
- To attend store sales meetings
- To ensure all quality and due diligence procedures are adhere to in your department.
- To ensure that closing down procedures are adhered to
- To report acts of theft to management
- To ensure company uniforms are worn at all times and that personal hygiene is of the highest standard
- Any other reasonable duties required by management
- Carry out the duties of your superior / next in line in their absence when asked.
We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule.
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Moran's Head Office, 138b Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000