Job Title: Storeman/ Delivery Driver, 5.5-ton vehicle, ideally requires a C1 drivers licence.
(Note; licences issued before January 1997 have automatic rights to drive vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes) Training and C1 test can be arranged for a suitable candidate.
Location: Morans Supveralu, Ballykelly
Job Type: Part time or Full Time Available. Flexible, 1 to 5 days a week. Typical shift 08:00 - 14:30 or 08:00 - 17:00
Responsible To: Production Manager, Production Assistant and Trainee Manager
Co-ordinate With: General Managers, Assistant Duty Managers, Staff Members, Customers and Suppliers.
Main Purpose: Providing excellent and efficient service within a fast paced working environment.
- Assist in loading and unloading vehicle with items to be delivered safely
- Ensure that items are properly stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle
- Take delivery instructions from supervisors
- Maintain proper knowledge of loaded items
- Ensure that appropriate and complete documentation is available at the time of loading
- Drive vehicle to the point of delivery by using the best possible route
- Drive vehicle in a dafe and lawful manner, taking into account weather and traffic conditions
- Ensure that speed limits are adhered to in order to ward off possible misadventures
- Ensure that the vehicle’s paperwork is in order
- Ensure that delivery receipts are signed
- Fill in pertinent information such as mileage and delivery time in company provided log books
- Check vehicle for possible wear and tear
- Ensure that both general and preventative maintenance measures are performed on the vehicle
- Clean vehicle from the inside and the outside
- Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting activities on vehicle when needed
- Ensure that the delivery schedule is followed
- To provide a friendly, efficient and polite service to all customers at all times.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer service is given to all customers at all times.
- To ensure company rules and policies are adhered to.
- To ensure the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times, according to company policy.
- To ensure HACCP requirements are complied to
- To ensure all quality and due diligence procedures are adhere to in your department.
- To report acts of theft to management
- To ensure company uniforms are worn at all times and that personal hygiene is of the highest standard
- Any other reasonable duties required by management
- Carry out the duties of your superior / next in line in their absence when asked.
- Competitive rates of pay
- We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule to promote work-life balance.
- Staff store discount card - available to use in any Moran's store.
- Private Health Care
- Training and Development Programmes
- Career Opportunities for promotion and/or transfer across the group as it continues to expand
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: email@example.com Post: Moran's Head Office, 138b Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000