Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join a thriving Food Production Company. This is the best time to join the company as we are in business transformation, undergoing a significant growth period and moving into phase 2 of building our brand new, state of the art production centre.
Department: Moran’s Fresh Food/Production
Title: Fresh Food Production Manager
Responsible To: Directors, Regional Manager
Co-ordinate With: Directors, General Managers, Financial controller, Personnel Officer, Duty Managers, Assistant Managers, Staff and Customers.
Main Purpose: Quality – Consistently - Constantly
Be excited by, take ownership for the day-to-day management and care of fresh food production, staff, and customers, by setting and achieving SMART goals and objectives. Have a flair and keen interest in relevant food trends and innovation.
- Ensure the fresh food production is to the highest standard as per company procedures.
- Implement and maintain a high standard of quality control and report all quality control issues to the line Manager.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer service is given to all customers.
- Develop, implement, and ensure HACCP procedures are in place, practised, and the level of hygiene is of the highest standard throughout.
- Hygiene regulations and company procedures are reviewed, updated, and implemented, ensuring the store achieves a 5 on scores on the doors and the minimum overall grade required for Hygiene Mark approval or other hygiene monitoring systems in place.
- Ensure everything possible is done to achieve sales, profit and wastage targets and increase productivity.
- Actively promote, motivate, and propagate all aspects of the business.
- To ensure and develop a good working environment within all departments.
- Implement and drive the 6S’s methodology.
- To motivate and promote team spirit among staff and develop a good working environment and an atmosphere conducive to the highest standard of workmanship, customer service and sales.
- Actively train, develop and ensure all staff follows procedures.
- To carry out staff reviews/ appraisals within agreed time limits.
- To ensure due diligence procedures are followed by all staff.
Assume responsibility for:
- You learn and seek advice regarding relevant employment law, Health and Safety regulations, human rights issues and company procedures and implement them when dealing with employees.
- Attendance, timekeeping, and breaks are adhered to as agreed with management and any problems or changes from the agreed rota are recorded and reported to the personnel officer, line manager immediately.
- Ensuring disciplinary rules and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Notifying the personnel officer, line manager immediately of any disciplinary action to be taken as detailed in the disciplinary procedure.
- Communicating and consulting with personnel officer, line manager all facts before progressing to, or beyond stage one of the company’s disciplinary procedures
- To assume responsibility for order management of stock, ensure stocktaking procedures are adhered to, targets are achieved, and all variance/anomalies are reported immediately.
- Ensure all invoices are raised immediately and as dictated by company procedures.
- You must adhere to company policy on customer credit and ensure all credit facilities are strictly operated within these terms. You do not have authority to offer or pass customer credit.
- Ensure all promotion procedures are followed and accurate and complete records are kept.
- To attend weekly management sales meeting and chair these meetings in the absence of the line manager.
- Ensure you are on site at all agreed times
- Carry out the duties of your Line Manager / next in line in their absence when asked.
- To comply with all company policy, procedures and processes and rules.
- Any other functions that may be required by the company (within competency).