Job Title: General Assistant
Location: Moran's Centra Coleraine and Moran's Supervalu Ballykelly
Job Type: Full and Part Time Required
Department: Shop Floor
Responsible to: General Manager, Duty/Trainee Managers
Co-ordinate with: General Manager, Duty/Trainee Managers, Staff Members, Customers & Suppliers
Main Purpose: Providing excellent customer service and maintaining high standards of merchandising
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and helpful people to join our busy food production venture. You should be experienced, simply after a part-time job to earn some spare cash, or perhaps you are looking for a position with opportunities for training and the potential for a full time, rewarding career. Either way, the production kitchen is a good place for people who love food and working under pressure in a retail environment.
- Able to thrive under pressure / hard work in a 24/7 business
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team worker / team focused
- Enjoy a challenge
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Understanding of haccp
- Catering/retail experience
- Understanding of fresh food production
- Desire to learn new skills & develop existing skills
- Flexible to work on short notice & unscheduled hours
- 28 days paid holiday each year
- Excellent employee development and training opportunities
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group as it continues to expand
- Excellent rates of pay (after 21 days). With commitment and training this may increase.
Typical Working Hours:
- 8-40 Alternate weekends
- Available starting times, 6am, 8.30am, 10am( to 2pm), 5pm.
- Should be flexible
- Ensure the presentation within your department is of the highest standard.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a high standard of customer service within the company.
- Ensure everything possible is done to achieve sales.
- Report any issues with quality to line manager.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and polite service to all customers at all times.
- To complete customer sales at checkouts, record and handle cash, cheques and credit transactions according to company procedures.
- To process internal store charges, coupon vouchers, account charges as per company procedures.
- To complete customer shopping orders and process c.o.d’s as per company procedures.
- To ensure that designated floor section is merchandised and presented to the highest possible standard.
- To ensure proper date rotation of all products within designated area.
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained within your section.
- To ensure that HACCP requirements are adhered to.
- To ensure that closing down procedures are adhered to.
- To report acts of theft to management.
- To comply with all company rules as per terms and Conditions of Employment.
- To ensure company uniforms are worn at all times and that personal hygiene is of the highest standard.
- Any other reasonable duties required by management.
- Carry out the duties of your superior / next in line in their absence when asked.
We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule.