Job Title: General Assistant
Location: Moran's Centra Strand Road, Moran's Centra Coleraine and Moran's Supervalu Ballykelly
Job Type: Full and Part Time Available
Salary: Excellent rates of pay (with commitment and training this can increase)
Department: Shop Floor
Responsible to: General Manager, Duty/Trainee Managers
Co-ordinate with: General Manager, Duty/Trainee Managers, Staff Members, Customers & Suppliers
Main Purpose: Providing excellent customer service and maintaining high standards of merchandising
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and helpful people to join our busy, fast paced working environment. You should be experienced, simply after a part-time job to earn some spare cash, or perhaps you are looking for a position with opportunities for training and the potential for a full time, rewarding career. Either way, we have positions available to suit.
Full training will be provided. Key Skills you may have that are benefical to this role:
- Willingness and desire to learn & develop existing skills
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Able to thrive under pressure / hard work in a 24/7 business
- Ability to demonstrate kitchen and culinary skills
- Supervision / managerial skills
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team worker /team focused
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Enjoy a challenge
- Fresh food, retail and/or catering experience
- Understanding of fresh food production and cooking methods
- Ensure the presentation within your department is of the highest standard.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a high standard of customer service within the company.
- Ensure everything possible is done to achieve sales.
- Report any issues with quality to line manager.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and polite service to all customers at all times.
- To complete customer sales at checkouts, record and handle cash, cheques and credit transactions according to company procedures.
- To process internal store charges, coupon vouchers, account charges as per company procedures.
- To complete customer shopping orders and process c.o.d’s as per company procedures.
- To ensure that designated floor section is merchandised and presented to the highest possible standard.
- To ensure proper date rotation of all products within designated area.
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained within your section.
- To ensure that HACCP requirements are adhered to.
- To ensure that closing down procedures are adhered to.
- To report acts of theft to management.
- To comply with all company rules as per terms and Conditions of Employment.
- To ensure company uniforms are worn at all times and that personal hygiene is of the highest standard.
- Any other reasonable duties required by management.
- Carry out the duties of your superior / next in line in their absence when asked.
- Excellent rates of pay (with commitment and training this may increase)
- We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule to promote work-life balance.
- Staff store discount card - available to use in any Moran's store.
- Private Health Care
- Training and Development Programmes
- Career Opportunities for promotion and/or transfer across the group as it continues to expand
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: email@example.com Post: Moran's Head Office, 138b Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000