Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Location: Morans Supervalu, Ballykelly
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time Available
Salary: Excellent rates of pay (with commitment and training this can increase)
Department: Fresh Food Production
Responsible To: Fresh Food Manager, General Manager, Assistant / Trainee Managers
Co-ordinate With: Fresh Food Manager, General Manager, Assistant Managers, Staff Members, Customers and Suppliers
Main Purpose: Maintaining and ensuring the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and helpful people to join our busy fresh food venture. Whether you are experiened, simply looking for a part-time job to earn some spare cash, or perhaps you are looking for a position with opportunities for training and the potential for a full time, rewarding career. Either way, we have various options to suit.
Full training will be provided. Key Skills you may have that are benefical to this role:
- Willingness and desire to learn & develop existing skills
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Able to thrive under pressure / hard work in a 24/7 business
- Ability to demonstrate kitchen and culinary skills
- Supervision / managerial skills
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team worker /team focused
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Enjoy a challenge
- Fresh food, retail and/or catering experience
- Understanding of fresh food production and cooking methods
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a high standard of hygeience within food preparation areas.
- Ensure HACCP procedures are practised, the level of hygiene is of the highest standard throughout the store and food areas and Hygiene regulations and company procedures are implemented.
- Report to the line manager on all issues.
- Ensure the highest standards of food safety and hygiene are maintained at all times, according to company policy.
- To ensure company procedures and processes are adhered to.
- To ensure HACCP requirements are complied to
- To ensure all quality and due diligence procedures are adhere to in your department.
- Assist to ensure proper date rotation of all products within designated area
- Carry out the duties of your superior / next in line in their absence when asked.
- Any other reasonable duties required by management
- Excellent rates of pay (with commitment and training this can increase)
- We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule to promote work-life balance.
- Staff store discount card - available to use in any Moran's store.
- Private Health Care
- Training and Development Programmes
- Career Opportunities for promotion and/or transfer across the group as it continues to expand
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Moran's Head Office, 138b Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000