Fantastic opportunity to join a thriving Food Production Company. This is the best time to join the company as we are in business transformation, undergoing a significant growth period and moving into phase 2 of building our brand new, state of the art production centre.
Job Title: Production Assistant
Location: Morans Kitchens, Ballykelly
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time Available
Salary: £9.65 - £12.79 per hour
Department: Fresh Food Production Kitchen
Responsible To: Fresh Food Production Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisors
Co-ordinate With: General Manager, Fresh Food Production Manager, Assistant Managers, Supervisors, Staff Members, Customers and Suppliers
Main Purpose: Quality – Consistently - Constantly
Delivering high quality produce in a fast paced working environment, ensuring HACCP, food safety, hygiene and quality standards are met.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Private Health & Dental Care.
- We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule to promote work-life balance.
- Staff store discount card - available to use in any Moran's store.
- Training and Development Programmes.
- Career Opportunities for promotion and/or transfer across the group as it continues to expand.
Typical working hours:
- Hours pro rata / Alternate weekends
- Available starting times: 5am, 6am, 7am, 9am.
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and helpful people to join our busy fresh food operation. Whether you are experiened in the food industry, simply looking for a part-time job to earn some spare cash, or perhaps you are looking for a position with opportunities for training and the potential for a life long, rewarding career. Either way, we have many options to suit.
Full training will be provided. Key Skills you may have that are benefical to this role:
- Willingness and desire to learn & develop existing skills
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Able to thrive under pressure / hard work in a 24/7 business
- Ability to demonstrate kitchen and culinary skills
- Supervision / managerial skills
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team worker /team focused
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Enjoy a challenge
- Fresh food, retail and/or catering experience
- Understanding of fresh food production and cooking methods
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and quality control.
- Ensure HACCP procedures are practised, the level of hygiene is of the highest standard throughout the store and hygiene regulations and company procedures are implemented.
- Report to the line manager on any issues.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer service & provide a friendly, efficient and polite service to all customers at all times.
- To ensure proper date rotation of all products within designated area
- To ensure weekly stock taking procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure company procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Ensure the highest standards of food safety and hygiene are maintained at all times, according to company policy.
- To ensure HACCP requirements are complied to
- To ensure all quality and due diligence procedures are adhere to in your department.
- To ensure that closing down procedures are adhered to
- To report acts of theft to management
- Carry out the duties of your superior / next in line in their absence when asked.
- Any other reasonable duties required by management
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Moran's Head Office, 139 Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000