Job Title: Senior Deli Manager
Location: Morans Centra Strand Road & Morans Centra Coleraine
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible To: Proprietor, Financial controller
Co-ordinate With: The Proprietor, Financial controller, Personnel, Deli Managers, General Manager, Duty Managers, Assistant Managers, Staff and Customers.
Main Purpose: Assume ownership and overall control of all the Delicatessens,ensuring the highest standard of customer service and quality control.
We are looking for a professional, friendly, knowledgeable, outgoing helpful person.
With a background in food preparation and passion for good food, you will be responsible for the daily preparation of fresh products alongside the training, management and motivation of the team. Your passion for food will be a key driver in your ambitions within the company and you will receive excellent opportunities for further training and development.
- Ability to demonstrate kitchen and culinary skills
- Able to thrive under pressure / hard work in a 24/7 business
- Supervision / managerial skills
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team worker /team focused
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Enjoy a challenge
- Cold Larder experience
- Catering/retail experience
- Understanding of fresh food production and cooking methods
- Desire to learn new skills & develop existing skills
- Flexible to work on short notice & unscheduled hours
- Competitive rates of pay
- Excellent employee development and training opportunities
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group as it continues to expand
Typical Working Hours:
- 32-40 / Alternate weekends
- Available starting times, 6am, 12noon, 5pm.
- Ensure the Deli counters are merchandised to the highest standard as per company procedures
- Implement and maintain a high standard of food quality control and deal with all quality control issues.
- To ensure the highest standard of customer service is given to all customers.
- Ensure HACCP procedures are practised, the level of hygiene is of the highest standard throughout the stores and hygiene regulations and company procedures are implemented. Also ensure the stores achieve the minimum overall grade required for Hygiene Mark approval or other hygiene monitoring system in place.
- Ensure every thing possible is done to achieve sales and profit targets
- Actively promote, motivate and propagate all aspects of the business.
- To ensure and develop a good working environment within the department/stores.
- To ensure all security procedures are followed and CCTV system is fully operational and recording at all times.
- To motivate and promote team sprit among staff and develop a good working environment and an atmosphere conclusive to the highest standard of workmanship, customer service and sales.
- Actively train, develop and ensure all staff follows procedures.
- To carry out staff reviews/ appraisals within agreed time limits.
- To ensure Due Diligence procedures are followed by all staff.
- You learn and seek advice with regard to relevant employment law, Health and Safety regulations, human rights issues and company procedures and implement them when dealing with employees.
- Attendance, timekeeping and breaks are adhered to as agreed with centre owner and any problems or changes from the agreed rota are recorded and reported to the personnel officer/ proprietor immediately.
Assume responsibility for:
- Ensuring disciplinary rules and procedure are followed and adhered to
- Notifying the personnel officer/ proprietor immediately of any disciplinary action to be taken as detailed in the disciplinary procedure
- Consulting with personnel officer/ proprietor all facts before progressing to, or beyond stage one of the company’s disciplinary procedure
- To assume responsibility for stock, ensure stocktaking procedures are adhered to, targets are achieved and all variance/anomalies are reported immediately.
- Insure all invoices are raised immediately and as dictated by company procedures.
- You must adhere to company policy on customer credit and insure all credit facilities are strictly operated with in there terms. You do not have authority to offer or pass customer credit.
- Ensure all promotion procedures are followed and accurate and complete records are kept.
- To attend weekly management sales meeting.
- Ensure you are on site at all agreed times
- Carry out the duties of your Line Manager / next in line in their absence when asked.
- To comply with all company policy and rules.
- Any other functions that may be required by the owner (with in competency).
We undertake to notify all employees at least 3 weeks in advance of their work schedule.
Please complete our application form by selecting 'Apply Now' below and return via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Moran's Head Office, 138b Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 7PB or you can return your completed application form into a Moran's store which is most convenient to you.
For all enquiries please feel free to call us on (028)71273000